Startup Costs

There are no fees (zero) for using our services. Applying, consultation with our expert coordinators, job placement, visa assistance, airfare and everything else in-between is 100% free. Forever.

You may be wondering…

How do we operate when our services are completely free?

As your placement agency, we obtain a ‘onetime fee’ from the school or teaching program you secure employment with. In short, Korean employers are responsible for paying us for recruiting you, presenting you to their institution, assisting you with all the visa paperwork and getting you prepared for the adventure of a lifetime! This is standard practice for the ESL/TEFL teaching industry in Asia. Schools in Japan, China, Vietnam and Taiwan also use the same fees system.

In case you’re wondering, the placement fee we collect from the schools has zero impact on your monthly salary, nor does it effect the benefits you’ll receive, or the severance package you’re entitled to at the end of your contract period. If you’re dealing with other recruiting agents who are asking you to pay a fee, we strongly advise proceeding with caution. It means they’re collecting an additional fee that’s unwarranted.


How much does it cost to secure a job in Korea?

Start-up expenses for teaching English abroad

There are some minor expenses you’ll need to account for with respect to documentation. The list below highlights the average cost of the things you’ll need to organize. The exact price of each document varies from country to country and region to region.

Criminal Record Check

Everyone needs a federal level background check from their respective government office.

COST: Free – $120


You’ll need to have a copy of your degree notarized. Call around because notary prices vary greatly.

COST: $30 – $150

Apostille Authentications

All teachers, excluding Canadians, need to have their degree and CRC authenticated with an Apostille.

COST: Free – $150

Passport Photos

You’ll need to acquire 6 official passport photos from a professional passport photo developer. 

COST: $20 – $50

Courier Fees

There are a number of courier fees (sending docs to government offices) during the application process.

COST: $60 – $150

Visa Application Fee

Lastly, you’ll need to pay a visa application fee when applying for your work visa (E2 visa).

COST: $45 – $200

temp can delte


It’s important to point out that Korean schools pay teachers monthly, therefore, you’ll need to bring enough money to cover your first month’s living expenses. $1000 – $1200 USD is usually sufficient.

Secondly, most schools now offer an airfare reimbursement instead of prepaid flights. Depending on your point of departure, flights to South Korea will cost somewhere in the $600 – $1200 USD range. 

Thanks for checking us out, we’re glad you’re here!

Gone2Korea is your connection to full-time teaching jobs in South Korea. Western graduates, primarily from the US, Canada, UK, and Australia, use our services to secure jobs with trusted Korean schools, and schools use our services to find and hire enthusiastic teachers from the West.

Worth noting: We’re not a job ‘sourcing’ agency or recruiter that finds new schools on the fly. On the contrary, we work with a select group of schools and programs that we know and trust. 

In addition to helping you land a job, we’ll also be helping you with your work visa, departure, arrival, and offering support for the entirety of your contracted term.

Prior teaching experience and related degrees are NOT prerequisites for teaching in Korea. Here’s what you’ll need in order to qualify.

Korean schools and programs offer western English teachers highly competitive benefits packages which includes: